Tagged: forum posts
- 02/13/2019 at 10:31 am #2591Domyclass Help
Assistance for COMM 110 AMU week 4 forum Location and Access Information & Digital Literacy American Military University is available at Domyclass
Week 4 Forum: Location and Access
Research your topic, evaluate selected sources, and organize your sources using the Source Organization worksheet template.
During Week 2, you chose a career interest topic and created your project plan. This week’s assignment is to conduct research to locate, identify and carefully vet at least three (3) credible sources. Reviewing the directions for the Week 7 assignment now will be helpful before you begin to research.
In the Week 3 lesson, you read about Location and Access, the third step of the Big 6 research model. Essentially, this step helps you find and select the most relevant sources that support your project topic. Instead of randomly choosing a source that could work, select the best possible source from those available using the evaluation process presented in the Weeks 2 and 3 lessons. You will share your scholarly sources and write a robust summary as you complete the Source Organization Worksheet template.
Requirements for the Source Organization worksheet include: ·
· One (1) source must be scholarly, peer-reviewed and from the Trefrey library
· Other sources must be credible and appropriate for college research
· Robust source summaries must include an explanation of the contents of the source and the relevance of the source to your project’s topic.
· In the document complete Part I, explain the process of locating your sources and Part II the source information.
· Once the worksheet is complete, copy and paste it into the text box (not as an attachment). All sections of the template must be completed.
Copy your document and paste the document into the forum by using the Word icon on the toolbar.
Use the rubric below to ensure you are meeting forum expectations.
Please engage in meaningful conversation with your classmates and instructors. Post your initial response no later than 11:55 PM Thursday ET.
Exceeds (4) Meets (3.4) Satisfactory (2.6) Developing (2) No Attempt (0) Part 1 ILO-DL.A.2
Student articulate how he or she used advanced search strategies and multiple tools to access pertinent information. Student articulates how he or she used simple search strategies and familiar search tools to access pertinent information. Student articulates how he or she accessed information, but does not describe the search strategies and/or familiar search tools. Students struggles to articulate how he or she accessed pertinent information, did not describe use of simple search strategies and/or familiar search tools. Paragraph is missing. Part 2 ILO-DL.A.4
Student clearly communicates information from multiple vetted and scholarly sources and created a robust summary for each source in his or her own words. Student accurately communicates information from multiple vetted sources by created a complete summary of each source. Student communicates some information from sources, but it may be underdeveloped. Student struggles to communicate information from sources accurately. Student does not attempt.
- The forum ‘COMM 110 AMU Information & Digital Literacy American Military University’ is closed to new topics and replies.