Tagged: forum posts
- 02/13/2019 at 5:26 am #2522Domyclass Help
Assistance for ENGL 110 AMU week 1 forum Making Writing Relevant American Military university is available at Domyclass
After reviewing Week 1 Lesson, consider the writing process as it relates to your discipline. Each writer has his/her own writing process. In this forum, we will discuss what is your particular writing process and how you get comfortable writing. What exactly is the Writing Process?
The Writing Process consists of three parts: Pre-writing, Writing, and Re-writing. Most of the time, you will be in the Pre-writing stage. The Pre-writing stage consists of finding a topic for your paper, brainstorming on your topic, then writing the thesis statement, and then writing an outline. The Writing stage consists of writing your rough draft based on the outline you made. The final stage of the Writing Process is the Re-Writing stage where you revise and proofread your paper for essay structure coherence and for grammar/punctuation mistakes. In this forum, we will discuss how you go through these three steps: Pre-Writing, Writing and Re-writing. Every writer has his/her own style of how they like to write. See this Writing Process flowchart.
Initial post: Introduce yourself in 250 words. Then write about your Writing Process.
HOW do you approach the writing process? How do you begin? How much time do you allow yourself to revise and edit, or do you? Then, consider WHERE you write and describe it for us. How can you adapt this space to fit your needs? What tools do you use? What is the noise level? What exactly is the Writing Process?
Review all instructions and follow all directions before submitting your posting.
Instructions: This week, your initial post needs to be at least 250 words long. Please respond to the initial postings of at least two (2) other students and manage your personal discussion thread. Ask questions of each other and return frequently to extend the dialogue. Be sure to answer questions your instructor presents to you. Expect your instructor to post questions about the reading material, lesson material, and your experience.
Please respond to a minimum of 2 classmates, and in your response posts, try to bring together pieces of the discussion and take those ideas further. Be sure to manage your own discussion thread–answer questions posed to you.
Week 1 Forum Checklist
After reviewing Week 1 Lesson, consider the writing process as it relates to your discipline.
- HOW do you approach the writing process?
- How do you begin?
- How much time do you allow yourself to revise and edit, or do you?
Then, consider WHERE you write and describe it for us.
- How can you adapt this space to fit your needs?
- What tools do you use?
- What is the noise level?
Call on the rubric (linked in the Forum) to ensure you are meeting participation expectations. Please make sure you do the following:
- Make an initial post that fully addresses the prompt or task.
- Respond to the initial postings of at least two (2) other students.
- Post your initial post no later than 11:55 PM Thursday
- Manage your personal discussion thread by responding to questions and comments
- Ask questions of each other.
- Return frequently to extend the dialogue.
- Be sure to answer questions your instructor presents to you.
- Expect your instructor to pose questions about the reading material, lesson material, and your experience.
- Demonstrate your knowledge and comprehension of the material.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.