Tagged: forum posts
- 02/13/2019 at 2:54 am #2417Domyclass Help
Assistance for HIST 102 AMU week 4 forum Modernism, Liberalism, and the World at War American History since 1877 American Military university is available at Domyclass
For this Forum, answer one of the instructor-provided questions with your response due by 11:55pm, ET, Friday and your responses to 3 other students’ postings by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday. You will also be required to answer a follow-up question from your instructor. The follow-up post is due the following Sunday by 11:55 pm, ET. The follow-up answer should be posted in the forum specifically set-aside for that.
Your initial response to the question should be between 250 – 300 words long. Include references and citations where necessary to ensure proper credit and documentation of your sources. You are welcome to include references in addition to the course textbook, just ensure that you use proper documentation.
Each of your responses to 3 of your classmates should be at least 125 words, (this word count does not include the citations/references). Please push yourself to go beyond a standard, “I liked your post” and try to select particular points/examples and discuss them further. It is also appropriate for you to provide your reflections, opinions, additional examples and information. Specific examples and references should include citations and footnotes.
If your last name begins with the letter A answer one of the two questions below.
1. Who were the Scottsboro Boys? Describe what happened to them and why.
What was Taylorism and how did it contribute to the prosperity of the 1920s?
If your last name begins with the letter “B…” answer one of the two questions below.
2.Compare the reasons and outcomes for the infamous labor battles known as “The Herrin Massacre” and “The Battle of Blair Mountain.” You may have to copy and paste the links.
The Herrin Massacre
http://www.reocities.com/Heartland/7847/massacre.htm Herrin Massacre
The Battle of Blair Mountain
Explain the rationale behind the sit-down strikes of the 1930s and describe the results. Be sure to mention important characters in the struggles.
If your last name begins with the letters C… through D… answer one of the two questions below.
3. What were the domestic and foreign causes of the Great Depression? How did President Hoover respond to the economic emergency?
Explain the human impact of the Great Depression.
The four links below are from different locations around the country that will help explain the human impact of the Great Depression.
If your last name begins with the letters E…- Go… answer one of the two questions below.
4. What were the main programs of the New Deal’s “Hundred Days”? What were their goals? Evaluate the success of the various programs.
Describe the groups/people who opposed Roosevelt’s New Deal and explain why they opposed it.
If your last name begins with the letters “Gr…” through “I…” answer one of the two questions below.
5. What were the main features/goals of the Second New Deal and how did they benefit the country? (the textbook is excellent on this)
The link below takes you to an online textbook chapter on the Second New Deal. This is excellent for graphs and easy explanations.
Describe the reasons and results of the Supreme Court Packing Scandal of Roosevelt’s second term.
If your last name begins with the letters “J…” through “O…” answer one of the two questions below.
6. How do you explain the decision to intern virtually all Americans of Japanese birth or ancestry?
Explain the importance of the Spanish Civil War 1936 – 1939 and why some individual Americans volunteered to fight in Spain’s conflict.
Causes of the War: https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/modern-world-history-1918-to-1980/the-spanish-civil-war/the-causes-of-the-spanish-civil-war/
Americans in the War:
If your last name begins with the letter “P…” answer one of the two questions below.
7. Why was the Invasion of Leyte by Douglas MacArthur’s troops important to the war effort? What was the fighting like on the first full day?
Describe the impact of World War II on American women.
If your last name begins with the letters “Q…” – Z answer one of the two questions below.
8. Describe the need for a “second front” in Europe. Why was it important to the winning of World War II?
Explain Eisenhower’s decision, in 1944, to advance across Western Europe on a broad front rather than drive quickly toward Berlin.
- The forum ‘HIST 102 AMU American History since 1877 American Military university’ is closed to new topics and replies.