Tagged: forum posts
- 06/25/2019 at 7:23 am #3563
- Go to the Week 2 Form (Forum #2) and read the questions. Post your answers, incorporate evidence that you have done all the required work. Your response must be at least 300 words.
- Please post responses to at least two of your fellow classmates. Each must be at least 100 words. Respond as many times as you wish. Your best two responses will be graded.
- Submit your formal essay for the group followup; at least 300 words. Respond to two students; at least 100 words each.
- Remember each week to check the grade book for your feedback, and click on Comments.
- Read the lesson for this week.
The initial post with well referenced facts is due by Wednesday, 11:55 p.m. ET and 2 peer responses are due by Friday, 11:55 p.m. ET. Do not research on the Internet.
Choose one of the below for your main post. Respond to at least one student who answered a different question from you. The answers should come from your textbook, the lectures, videos, and the research you conducted in the APUS Library. Your best two responses will be graded.
Essay: African American Women Leaders between 1877 and 1940
Write at least 300 words in an essay format and post by Sunday, 11:55 p.m. ET. At least 2 responses of at least 100 words each by Sunday, 11:55 p.m. ET.
African American women are rarely recognised as leaders so we want to bring these women back into history. Of course, we must define what a leader is. Select one leader to write on, but since there are so few, it is quite possible that some of you may choose the same person. The focus of this essay is the period from 1877 through World War II. You must use at least one source from the APUS library or the course bibliography. You may also search online, but if you do, you must use credible sources only (Wikipedia, About.com, blogs etc are not credible sources, for example). The following links can help you determine which sources are credible or non‑credible during your research: Credible vs non‑credible sources, Geng Started With Research, Why I Shouldn’t Use Wikipedia and Identifying your Resources.
Remember that this is a formal essay of at least 300 words and you need an introduction (with a thesis statement), body, and conclusion. You are required to respond to at least two of your peers. Those responses must be a minimum of 100 words each. You must cite and use at least one academic source. Because students must respond, please post your essay as soon as possible. Remember that slavery is not part of this course.