Tagged: forum posts
- 06/25/2019 at 10:26 am #3572
- Go to the Week 5 Form (Forum #5) and read the questions. Post your answer, incorporate evidence that you have done all the required work. This post must be at least 300 words long.
- Please post responses to at least two of your fellow classmates. Each must be at least 100 words each. Post as many times as you wish. Your best two responses will be graded.
- Post your in character letter to Eleanor Roosevelt (at least 300 words). Post at least your two in character responses (at least 200 words each). Your best two responses will be grade. Remember you cannot search on the Internet for this without prior permission.
- Remember each week to check the gradebook for your feedback, and click Comments.
- Read the lesson for this week.
Discussion on Required Material for Week 5
The initial post with well referenced facts is due by Wednesday, 11:55 p.m. ET and 2 peer responses are due by Friday, 11:55 p.m. ET. Do not research on the Internet.
Choose one of the below for your main post. Respond to at least one student who answered a different question from you. Respond as many times as you wish. Your best two responses will be graded. The answers should come from your textbook, the lectures, videos, and the research you conducted in the APUS Library.
Essay Work: Write a Letter to Eleanor Roosevelt
Post a letter at least 300 words no later than Sunday, 11:55 p.m. ET. Post two response letters at least 100 words no later than Sunday, 11:55 p.m.
Thousands and thousands of African Americans wrote to Eleanor Roosevelt for help. See this site for more information on these letters. Research this in the library or from the course bibliography. Do not research on the Internet for this exercise except to add to your understanding after you’ve looked at the required website and letters. Assume an African American character and write from the perspective of the character. In other words, take on the role of someone during the Roosevelt administrations writing to the First Lady. Write the letter and post it. Then, in a separate paragraph, explain why you chose to write what you did. The total number of words should be no less than 300. Students must respond, so please post this as soon as possible. You really need specifics and context show that you did the reading and understand the time period and Mrs. Roosevelt’s work.
Respond at least two times. Your best two responses will be graded. When you reply, also write in character. Take the role of a government official. Grading will be with the grading rubric for essays. Therefore, you cannot use the textbook or encyclopedias. You must cite and use at least one academic source from the library.
Here are some websites to help you. Eleanore Roosevelt and Civil Rights, George Washington University “Please Help US Mr. President”: Black Americans Write to FDR
Also, google: Black Americans write Eleanor Roosevelt. You will see multiple images of actual letters written to the First Lady.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.