Tagged: forum posts
06/25/2019 at 10:33 am #3577Domyclass Support
- Post your response to a question. It should be at least 300 words. Respond to at least two of your fellow classmates. They must be at least 100 words each. Respond as many times as you wish. I will grade your two best responses.
- Post your formal essay (at least 300 words). Respond to at least two of your fellow classmates. They must be at least 100 words each. Respond as many times as you wish. I will grade your two best responses.
- Remember each week to check the grade book for your feedback, and click comments.
- Read the lesson for this week.
Essay: African American Women Leaders between World War II and the Present
Write an essay of at least 300 words and submit it no later than Sunday, 11:55 p.m. ET. Two responses at least 100 words each due Sunday, 11:55 p.m.
African American women are usually not recognized as leaders. Of course, we must define what a leader is. We want to bring these women back into history. Choose one African American female leader.It is first come, first serve for this essay. This forum is for between the end of World War II and the present. You are to use the library or the course bibliography. However, for this forum, you may also search online, but if you do, you must use credible sources only (Wikipedia, About.com, blogs etc are not credible sources, for example). The following links can help you determine which sources are credible or non-credible during your research: Credible vs non-credible sources, Getting Started With Research, Why I Shouldn’t Use Wikipedia and Identifying your Resources.
Remember that this is a formal essay and you need an introduction with a thesis statement, body, and conclusion. Because students must respond, please submit your essay as soon as possible.
Do not give a biography of anyone, no childhood information. But, you may discuss one particular person’s work or contribution to African American history – focus on their work or legacy (or shortcomings, if that is your point) or the impact of a group or event. Do not cover the SCLC or SNCC, since we covered those thoroughly.
Find a scholarly source. A scholarly source is not the text, not an encyclopedia, and not a generic website without an author. Use the library or find scholarly articles written by historians.
Also, post at least two participation posts, commenting on others’ essays and adding to them with some reading of your own, so you will have 3 posts total. Try not to choose a topic that someone else chose. Don’t forget to pay attention to the dates – WWII to the present.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.