Tagged: forum posts
06/23/2019 at 5:14 am #3471Domyclass Help
INFO 331 AMU week 2 forum Zara and Netflix Case Studies Management Information systems American Military University
Class, I appreciate your participation in this discussion! You must post your original post addressing the topics below (minimum of 250 words), prior to 11:55 PM ET on Wednesday. Continue to follow your classmates’ posts for the remainder of the week and post at least two follow up messages (minimum of 150 words each) to your classmates’ posts prior to 11:55 ET on Sunday. Your follow up posts can add additional insight to a classmate’s opinions or can challenge their opinions. Use examples from the readings, or from your own research, to support your views, as appropriate. Be sure to read the follow up posts to your own posts and reply to any questions or requests for clarification. By the way, include the name of the person’s post you are replying to. Thanks!
1. In what ways is the Zara model counterintuitive? In what ways has Zara’s model made the firm a better performer than Gap and other competitors?
2. What do you believe are the most significant long term threats to Netflix? How is Netflix trying to address these threats? What obstacles does the firm face in dealing with these threats?
3. Spend some time online researching services such as Netflix, BlockBuster, Hulu, and other streaming movie sites. How do these services compare? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these different services?
4. Describe some of the features (i.e., functions, menu options) of the information system that you chose in week one (make sure you have an approved information system before you complete this assignment). When
describing a feature, walk the user through that feature, describing the interactions the user has with the system. What data or information does the user enter into that feature? What does the information system do with that data? Does it transform it in some way? How is that data later retrieved or displayed (output)? What is that data used for?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.