Tagged: forum posts
06/23/2019 at 5:16 am #3473Domyclass Help
INFO 331 AMU week 3 forum Moore’s Law and Network Effects Management Information systems American Military University
Class, I appreciate your participation in this discussion! For this assignment, you must post your original post addressing the topics below (minimum of 250 words), prior to 11:55 PM ET on Wednesday.
Continue to follow your classmates’ posts for the remainder of the week and post at least two follow up messages (minimum of 150 words each) to your classmates’ posts prior to 11:55 ET on Sunday. Your follow up posts can add additional insight to a classmate’s opinions or can challenge their opinions. Use examples from the readings, or from your own research, to support your views, as appropriate. Be sure to read the follow up posts to your own posts and reply to any questions or requests for clarification. By the way, include the name of the person’s post you are replying to. Thanks!
1. What is e waste? What is so dangerous about e waste? Many well meaning individuals thought that recycling was the answer to the e waste problem. But why hasn’t e waste recycling yielded the results hoped for?
2. What are network effects? Think about the kinds of technology products that you own, or websites you use, that are subject to network effects. What sorts of exchange do these products leverage (e.g., information, money, software, or other media)? Give several concrete examples and explain them as clearly as you can in your own words.
3. Find an article online that discusses the problem of e waste, preferably one that also proposed a solution. In your own words summarize and critique the article. Do you think it is a viable solution? Why or why not? Be sure to include the url to your article.
4. Describe the impact that your chosen information system has on your organization. Be sure to consider both the positive and negative impacts. Over dependence on an information system can be a negative impact, so also discuss whether your organization has any contingency plans for business continuity during system outages.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.