Tagged: forum posts
- 06/23/2019 at 5:27 am #3489
INFO 331 AMU week 7 forum Google Research & Development Initiatives Management Information systems American Military University
During Week 7 you are expected to begin working on your Final Case Study, which is due at the end of Week 8. You will have the opportunity to begin discussing some of your findings about Google here on the forum and to ask questions to help you get on the right track with your research.
In your final case study, you will analyze five Google technologies that are current under research and development, including the self driving automobile and four other technologies of your choice. The last chapter of your textbook discusses the search and advertising technologies of Google. While Google is best known for their search and advertisingtechnologies, they also have a multi billion dollar research and development department that works on cutting edge technologies ranging from self driving automobiles to renewable energy. For your final case study, you will research 4 technologies (in addition to the self driving automobile) that Google is currently developing, other than the search, advertising, and Gmail features that we are already familiar with.
Google technologies currently in research and development include:
Self driving automobile
2. Project Wing (a drone delivery project)
3. Google Fiber
Smart Contact Lenses
6. Project Loon (providing Internet service via balloon)
7. Home Automation and Smart Thermostats (Google Nest)
8. Renewable Energy and Sustainability Solutions (Advanced Wind Energy, and several others)
Spend some time Googling and searching online and you will likely discover several other technologies currently being developed by Google.
Here are a couple links to get you started in your research into Google
Google’s SelfDriving Cars:
Google’s Project Wing:
Research at Google:
Questions for Discussion:
1. In addition to the selfdriving automobile (which everyone will analyze), which other four Google technologies would you like to research for your Final Case Studies?
2. Share one interesting finding with the class about each of the five technologies you will be researching (your four chosen technologies plus the selfdriving automobile).
3. Which of these technologies do you think has the greatest potential to improve our society in the future? Why?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.