Tagged: forum posts
- 02/02/2019 at 1:48 am #1677Domyclass Help
SCIN 130 AMU week 3 Current Topics in Evolution forum American Military University assistance is available on Domyclass
Please make sure to respond to the post with your original content as early in the week as possible to allow others to read and digest your material, but it is due by Wednesday at 11:55 pm EST. Make sure to give your original post a descriptive title so we all will quickly know your topic. Continue to follow your classmates’ posts for the remainder of the week and post at least 2 follow-up messages to your classmates’ posts. Pay attention to who communicates with you and respond back over the week’s discussion (create conversation!). Your follow up posts can add additional insight to your classmates’ opinions or can challenge their opinions – just make sure to do it respectfully.
Initial posts are due: Wednesday at 11:55 pm EST
Responses are due: Sunday at 11:55 pm EST, but the earlier the better
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure to check out the grading rubric here.
We discussed evolution in our lesson in Week 1 and 2. Even today, we are discovering new fossils, or using new technologies to analyze older fossils. In either of these cases, we are discovering new information about the past, that we can use to predict the future.
To look for modern day examples of evolution, those that were recently discovered, the use of newer technologies, or simply finding out more about past projects.
For This Forum:
You are to find an article on evolution. If you are stuck, a great place to start is either the APUS library or Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/ using choice keywords (“evolution” or “current topics in evolution” brings up a lot of results).
- Choose an article that is different than your classmates – which means you should have a very descriptive title to your post.
- Summarize the main points of the article.
- Was there a new technology used? How? What did it discover?
- Was there a new species discovered? New information on an already discovered species? What was the species? What was the information?
- What were the methods used? Is this groundbreaking?
The forum ‘SCIN 130 AMU Introduction to biology American Military university’ is closed to new topics and replies.