Tagged: forum posts
- 02/02/2019 at 1:56 am #1679Domyclass Help
SCIN 130 AMU week 4 forum National Parks Submissions American Military University assistance is available on Domyclass
Please make sure to respond to the post with your original content as early in the week as possible to allow others to read and digest your material, but it is due by Wednesday at 11:55 pm EST. Make sure to give your original post a descriptive title so we all will quickly know your topic. Continue to follow your classmates’ posts for the remainder of the week and post at least 2 follow-up messages to your classmates’ posts. Pay attention to who communicates with you and respond back over the week’s discussion (create conversation!). Your follow up posts can add additional insight to your classmates’ opinions or can challenge their opinions – just make sure to do it respectfully.
Initial posts are due: Wednesday at 11:55 pm EST
Responses are due: Sunday at 11:55 pm EST, but the earlier the better
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure to check out the grading rubric here.
National parks can be a controversial topic, so make sure that you keep your post and your replies respectful!
National Parks can be defined as an entity that: “preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world” (NPS, 2018).
We all have probably enjoyed a National Park, and if you would like more information, take time to look around: https://www.nationalparks.org/
To understand our impact in National Parks, and what we should be doing to preserve them.
For This Forum:
- Find a Park: https://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm
- Choose the state in which you reside. There are a lot of parks, so make sure you choose one that is different than your classmates, and use it in the title of your post.
- How large is the park?
- What types of wildlife are found there?
- What kind of recreation is present?
- Have you ever visited in person?
- What are the ecological advantages to the park?
- What are the economic advantages to the park?
Wida, E.C. (2018, Mar. 30). Unhappy campers continue to protest Yosemite National Park’s first Starbucks. Today Online. Retrieved from https://www.today.com/food/starbucks-opens-first-national-park-despite-backlash-t126209
National Park Service. (2018). About Us. https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/index.htm
- The forum ‘SCIN 130 AMU Introduction to biology American Military university’ is closed to new topics and replies.