Week #8 Group Presentation
As you come to the close of your study of World Religions, it has become evident the past two weeks that religions will continue to have a place on the world stage and influence in the lives of many around the globe. In an ever-changing world environment that seems to get smaller every day, nations are discovering along the way that it is harder and harder to stay isolated from one another. In our study of World Religions the past eight (8) weeks, if there is one thing that that stands out above the rest, it is the notion that our world faces numerous global issues that demand attention and solutions for the betterment of all of the world. Could it be, given the historical nature of World Religions, that working together instead of in conflict with one another, that the world’s major religions could provide real-life, world-changing solutions that would pave the way for the betterment of humankind across the world? That is not to say it would be easy, but the benefits could be enormous for providing solutions to the Global Issues we face today.
It is with that thought in mind that your Week #8 Group Presentation will be a little different than you might have experienced in the past. You are being tasked to work together with the Group you were assigned to during Week #4, to prepare and present a multi-media Interfaith Initiative OR a Joint Resolution providing your group’s solution to a real Global Issue that has been identified by the United Nations as needing major solutions in this day and age. The purpose of your task is to role play in such a way as though you are making a formal presentation of your solution to the United Nations Assembly. The key being that each person in your Group will represent at least one religious viewpoint from among those studied in this class and you must stay faithful to the beliefs and characteristics of your religion in developing your solution with the Group. Your Group will need to complete its work and the Leader post your work on or before Thursday of Week #8 in the weekly Forum for review by the class. You will need to reply to at least two other Group Projects.
As a result, your Interfaith Initiative OR Joint Resolution should include the following components:
- A title page clearly identifying the type of submission as to whether it is an Interfaith Initiative OR a Joint Resolution, the title of the Global Issue addressed, the names of the Group participants and the religions they represent, and date of the presentation to the United Nations Assembly.
- A brief Introduction that identifies the Global Issue presented by the United Nations as to the background information, history, and current status of the issue in the world today.
- Identification of the major components offered by each individual in the Group representing their specific religious beliefs and characteristics in direct relation to this issue alone.
- Presentation of your Group’s Interfaith Initiative OR Joint Resolution which will include the specific directives of your solution, reasoning for the directives, and a brief plan for implementation by the United Nations.
- A Summary Statement briefly wrapping up your presentation and progress made for addressing this Global Issue.
- Be sure to include MLA citations and a Works Cited Page for inclusion of all resources used in each slide and in your presentation to avoid plagiarism.
- Failure to participate in the formation of this statement with your Group will result in major deductions as Group Leaders will be tasked with submitting participation completions or failures to participate.
Your presentation can be in the form of any of the following formats or a format of your choosing. Please ensure that your presentation is accessible by your instructor and the class by either uploading or linking to your project. Here are some free, online format suggestions:
- an Infographic (visit “10 Free Tools for Creating Infographics” to gather ideas)
- Storybook software like Storybird
- A website like Google Sites
- Audio Voice-Over
- Use of text
Once your presentation has been completed, you must do the following:
- The Group Leader will need to upload the file into the Week #8 Forum specifically marked for this project on or before Thursday of Week #8.
- Every student is then asked to respond to at least two (2) different Group presentations and leave comments about the nature and feasibility of such a solution to that particular Global Issue as it was presented to the United Nations Assembly.
- Each student in the Group will need to receive a copy of the Group Presentation and upload it into their individual and correct Assignment file for the Week #8 Group Presentation to be graded by the instructor. Please contact your Instructor in the event you have not received a copy of your Group’s Presentation.
- Review the Grading Rubric to be used in the grading process and review it in advance so that you will have a good idea of the expectations for the presentation.